2023 Open Enrollment - Now Open!
The Catholic University of America provides an array of benefits to meet the diverse needs of our Faculty and Staff. Our comprehensive benefit programs include medical, dental and vision plans; life insurance coverage for you and your dependents; flexible spending and Smart Benefits to assist with your parking and transit; income protection in the event of a long term disability; tuition assistance for you and your dependents; a legal plan to protect your family, your finances, and your future; discounted auto and home insurance; and retirement plans.
Each year the University evaluates the benefits package offered to employees and enhances benefits where feasible.
Active, full-time, benefit-eligible faculty and staff can view their insurance by logging onto the employeebenefits.catholic.edu site using their Cardinal Credentials. Please note: If you are a COBRA or retiree participant, you can access your benefits information by visiting the benefitsolver site.
To learn more about benefits offered to Catholic University employees, please see our complete benefit list below.
Complete Benefit List A-Z
- Annual Leave (Vacation)
- ARAG Legal
- Automobile and Residence Insurance
- Carebridge Resource Center
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Advocate
- Health Insurance
- Leave of Absence for Members of the Military
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Meal Plans
- On-Site Credit Union
- Paid Holidays 2021-2022 ←UPDATED (05/19/22)
- Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan (TIAA)
- Sick Leave
- SmartBenefits Program (Metro)
- Tuition Assistance
- Tuition Exchange
- Vision Insurance
Benefits DirectoryMedical Insurance
- Carrier: CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Customer Service: 833-960-4030
- Carrier: MetLife
- Customer Service: 1-800-942-0854
- Carrier: United Healthcare
- Customer Service: 1-800-638-3120
- Carrier: BlueFund FSA managed by CareFirst partner Further.
- Customer Service: 866-758-6119
- Carrier: TIAA
- Customer Service: 1-800-842-2776
- Consultant (for appointments only): 1-800-732-8353 or though the TIAA website
- Carrier: Carebridge
- Customer Service: 1-800-437-0911