The Office of Human Resources (OHR) is pleased to offer Flexible Work Arrangement (FWA) programs for eligible employees. A flexible work arrangement may include flexibility associated with work locations and/or schedules. Each FWA program is a limited-term, renewable arrangement developed by the supervisor and employee that is formalized in writing.
Two FWA programs are offered:
Work from Home
This program allows an employee to work from their personal residence for up to two days of their work week.
This program allows an employee to have different scheduled start and end times of their work day than the University's default business schedule.
How to Request an FWA Arrangement
- Read the procedures for the FWA program in which you are interested. Employees have special responsibilities under each program, job positions have different degrees of flexibility with respect to location or schedule and not all employees are eligible for FWA.
- Meet with your supervisor to discuss the arrangement. Supervisors have responsibility for managing their teams' efforts to meet the business needs and objectives of their areas. You and your supervisor will draft an arrangement proposal that meets everyone's needs.
- Ensure you have an up-to-date performance evaluation on file. Your supervisor will have submitted an evaluation after your performance review, normally performed annually. Participation in a FWA program requires that you have a minimum of six months of satisfactory performance in your role.
- Attend the OHR Training on Work from Home if you are requesting that arrangement. (Your supervisor must also attend this training.)
The Office of Human Resources has scheduled the following quarterly training session for supervisors and employees interested in the Flexible Work Arrangements (FWA) program.
Wednesday, March 7, 2024
1:00 - 2:30 pm
Pryzbyla 321 & 323
Wednesday, June 19, 2024
12:00 -1:30 pm
Happel Room, Caldwell 100
Wednesday, September 16, 2024
1:00 -2:30 pm
Pryzbyla 321 & 323
Monday, December 5, 2024
Pryzbyla 321 & 323
Employees must attend one of the live training sessions as a requirement for applying for FWA. Employees need not wait to meet their six months of service requirement to attend a quarterly FWA training session.
5. Apply via the web form linked on the program procedures page.
- Once they receive your web form submittal, OHR will ask your supervisor to approve the proposed arrangement.
- OHR reviews the proposed arrangement to ensure it meets the specific program design and requirements, and the policy's governing principles and limits.
- OHR sends the proposed arrangement to your area VP or Provost for final approval.
- OHR sends email to you and your supervisor with the approval status, approved or denied.
- Your supervisor sends email to you stating that you may begin the flexible work arrangement.
Policy and Procedures
Please read the University policy to learn about flexible work arrangements and their governing principles.
Read the program procedures for a detailed description of each FWA program, including important information on eligibility, employee responsibilities, leave and time reporting. The procedures include a link to the web form for requesting that arrangement.
The FlexTime program is a pre-approved, scheduled work arrangement that allows eligible employees to adjust the scheduled hours when they are working for the University, regardless of location, under the procedural guidelines.Learn More
Work From Home Procedures
The Work from Home program is a pre-approved, scheduled work arrangement that allows an eligible employee to work from their personal residence up to two days per work week, under the procedural guidelines.Learn More